Mid-level Game Development Engineer
Who We Are
At TouchFactor, our mission is to create interactive experiences and technologies across a variety of media that are innovative, recognizable, memorable, and instantly usable.
TouchFactor was founded in Marin County, California in 2010 by a group of game and technology industry veterans who, amongst other ventures, founded Factor 5 in 1988 in Germany. Our core team has been responsible for creating many highly successful games and entertainment technologies for over 25 years, including the multi-million selling Star Wars: Rogue Squadron franchise of games. Our founders and members have shaped the entertainment world we live in with and at Lucasfilm, Nintendo, Sony, Disney, Netflix, Dolby Labs, DTS, and THX.
Who We're Looking For
We're looking to bring on someone who is as passionate about games and technology as we are; who loves interesting challenges and new frontiers; who can work well with a small, tight-knit team; and above all, someone who knows and writes good clean code but will hack as needed.
Multi-platform Social Game Development
TouchFactor is committed to building social games that bring people together on all mass market platforms. We make social games that are free to play, accessible to everyone and create memorable long lasting experiences for our fans.
- Working with the Unity engine & proprietary engine and tools
- Develop, maintain, and optimize mid/high-level engine systems
- Content programming from UI to AI
- Directly work with Artists and Designers to develop content systems
- You must be a Game Developer
- 2+ years of professional game development experience
- Must have at least one shipped, commercial title
- Strong iOS development background well versed in Xcode
- Demonstrable experience programming in C/C++ (Objective C, Java, and C# is a BIG plus)
- Comfortable with Agile/iterative development process; able to set and meet programming delivery targets
- Able to see the big picture and be self-motivated to reach development goals
- Able to quickly familiarize yourself with a code base and work on platforms where the issues are not always fully defined
- Good C++ design skills
- OpenGL / OpenGL ES / WebGL
- Embedded programming with the following platforms; iOS, DS/DSi, Wii, PS3 or 360Demonstrable content/gameplay programming experience
- Social game experience
- A desire to hone your skills and get the most out of the platform you’re working on
- To know when to hack
- Solid academic / theoretical grounding in 2D/3D computer graphics or equivalent
- Accredited degree in computer science or equivalent - Master’s level preferred
Working at TouchFactor - Perks:
- Profit sharing model
- Work alongside some serious down-to-the-metal engine & content game programming veterans - access arcane skills and knowledge!
- Small core team production environment
- Modern, spacious, well-maintained office, at the historic (and game-company rich) Hamilton Field. Enjoy scenic vistas and nearby recreational open space year round.
- Laid back flexible environment & company activities
- We live and breathe game & software development, and care deeply about making great user experiences. We want every person on our team to be proud of what we’re doing, and to feel challenged and rewarded with the work we do.
Please send your resume to email@example.com for consideration. Please do not send code samples until requested.